Matej Stransky (RW)
||Ostrava, Czech Republic
Drafted: Dallas, 6th Round (165th Overall) in 2011
AHL Debut: October 5, 2013 vs. Chicago Wolves
First Career AHL Point: October 5, 2013 vs. Chicago Wolves (Assist, 4-1 Win)
- Tallied 135 career points (64 goals, 71 assists) in 144 career games for HC Vitkovice of the Czech U18 and U20 junior leagues from 2006-2010. Led the league with 40 goals in 2008-09.
- Tallied 192 career points (93 goals, 99 assists) in 213 games for the WHL’s Saskatoon Blades from 2010-2013.
- Led the Blades in assists (45), plus-minus (+32), tied for the team lead in points (85), and second in goals (40) in 2012-13. Appeared in the 2013 Memorial Cup Tournament, scoring twice in four games.
- Signed a three-year entry level contract with the NHL’s Dallas Stars on April 2, 2012.
- Father, Vladamir, played professional hockey in Czechoslovakia for five years. Older brother, Vit, entering his 13th season playing pro in the Czech Republic. Younger brother, Simon, currently playing junior hockey for HC Vitkovice.
- Scored a career-high 27 goals with Texas in 2014-15.
- In 2006-07, tallied five points (three goals, two assists) in 28 games for the Iowa Stars -- which relocated to become the Texas Stars in 2009.
- Scored his first career NHL point with a goal on April 2, 2013 at the Tampa Bay Lightning in a 3-2 win (SO).