Below is the media credential application for the 2019 Lexus AHL All-Star Classic presented by MGM Springfield, to be held January 27-28, 2019, in Springfield, Mass.
To apply for media credentials, all requested information must be submitted via the below form and received by the American Hockey League’s communications department no later than the end of business Friday, January 4, 2019.
The application must be completed by the Sports Editor or Sports Director. While a separate credential should be requested for each individual requiring accreditation, only one application is necessary. NOTE: The editor/director will be notified in writing of the status of the application.
If you need to cancel your request for any reason, please contact the AHL communications department at 413-781-2030.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
A preliminary media schedule of events for the 2019 Lexus AHL All-Star Classic presented by MGM Springfield can be found here.
A limited number of rooms are available at MGM Springfield at a rate of $259 per night. To book at MGM Springfield please click here.
Rooms are available at the Sheraton Springfield Monarch Place at a rate of $119 per night. To book at the Sheraton Springfield, please call (413) 781-1010, ask for in-house reservations and request a room in the “Blueline” group/block.
Both the MGM Springfield and the Sheraton Springfield Monarch Place are located about two blocks from the MassMutual Center in downtown Springfield.
The AHL and the Springfield Thunderbirds will provide shuttle service from the MGM Springfield and Sheraton Springfield for guests flying into or out of Bradley International Airport.
Upon approval of your media credential application, you will be asked to provide your flight information to ensure shuttle availability.
If approved, your media credential will allow the holder access to cover the 2019 Lexus AHL All-Star Classic presented by MGM Springfield, but guests will require tickets for admission.
If you would like to purchase tickets to any of the events during the 2019 Lexus AHL All-Star Classic presented by MGM Springfield, please contact the AHL’s media relations department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The taking of video of the on-ice action during the 2019 AHL All-Star Skills Competition and the 2019 AHL All-Star Challenge is prohibited. Highlights will be available to pull from the AHL’s official broadcast partners televising the event live across North America, and broadcast-quality and web-ready highlights will be made available for download via SendtoNews (sendtonews.com).
- Still photography is permitted by credentialed media solely for the purpose of media coverage of the 2019 Lexus AHL All-Star Classic presented by MGM Springfield.
- In addition to the Skills Competition and All-Star Challenge, credentialed photographers are also welcome to cover the American Hockey League Hall of Fame Induction and Awards Ceremony.
- Photographs are for non-commercial use only. The American Hockey League, the Springfield Thunderbirds and the MassMutual Center reserve the right, at their discretion, to withhold and/or withdraw permission to photograph at the 2019 Lexus AHL All-Star Classic presented by MGM Springfield.
- The use of strobes or other external flashes is not permitted.
- Photographers may shoot only from assigned and designated areas, and must not interfere with the official event photographer or TV broadcast cameras. The official event photographer will be responsible for assigning shooting locations.