Milley tallies three points as Norfolk wins fourth in a row

Link to Saturday’s boxscores

Right wing Norm Milley (pictured) netted two goals, including the eventual game-winning tally, leading Norfolk to a 6-2 win over Springfield on Saturday at the Norfolk Scope and a sweep of its two-game weekend set with the Falcons. Milley also added an assist and was plus-3 in the game for the Admirals, who extended their season-high winning streak to four games.

Craig MacDonald notched a goal and an assist for Norfolk, while Blair Jones (0-3-3), Kyle Wanvig (0-2-2), and Karl Stewart (0-2-2) joined him with multiple points.

MacDonald now has 11 points (3-8-11) in seven games since joining the Admirals. Wanvig has recorded multiple multiple points in six of his last seven games (7-6-13), and Stewart has a three-game scoring streak (2-3-5).

Milley, meanwhile, has recorded three goals and five points over his last three games.

The Admirals also had goals scored by winger Rob Klinkhammer, his second in as many nights, and defenseman Jay Leach.

Goaltender Jonathan Boutin picked up the win with 24 saves, moving to 6-2-2 on the season.

The Falcons had a 2-1 lead by the 1:01 mark of the second period on goals by Colin McDonald and Rob Schremp.

Springfield then allowed five unanswered goals and fell to 3-4-1-3 on the road this season.

Derrick Walser’s goal three minutes into overtime allowed Toronto to escape with a 4-3 victory over Syracuse at Ricoh Coliseum.

The Marlies held a 1-0 lead for most of the contest, as Jeremy Williams scored his sixth goal of
the season at 10:48 of the first period.

Syracuse scored three times in the third period, including Joakim Lindstrom’s 10th of the season which put the Crunch ahead 3-2 at the 13:54 mark.

Lindstrom assisted on Syracuse’s other two goals – scored by Derek MacKenzie and Clay Wilson – and has now figured into seven of the Crunch’s nine tallies over the last two nights.

Toronto’s Alex Foster evened the score at 15:40, with Robbie Earl and Ben Ondrus each picking up one of their two assists on the night.

Defenseman Chris Harrington also scored for the Marlies, and goaltender Justin Pogge improved to 5-1-2 on the campaign with 27 saves.

Albany scored four times in the first period and coasted to a 5-2 win over struggling Bridgeport at the Times Union Center.

Jerome Samson scored twice for the River Rats, while Keith Aucoin and Jamie Johnson contributed a goal and an assist each.

Brandon Nolan rounded out the home team’s scoring, and Michael Leighton made 27 saves in net to move his season record to 6-8-1.

Darryl Bootland and Gregg Johnson lit the lamp for the Sound Tigers. Steve Regier assisted on both goals, but it was not enough to prevent Bridgeport from losing its fourth straight game.

Pierre-Alexandre Parenteau’s ninth goal of the season at 3:52 of overtime lifted Hartford to a 3-2 win over Lowell at the Hartford Civic Center.

Parenteau added an assist for the Wolf Pack, who also received goals from former first-round draft pick Hugh Jessiman and rookie Artem Anisimov.

Goaltender Miika Wiikman made 19 saves to pick up his second win in as many nights for Hartford, which has won six of its last seven overall (6-1-0-0).

Petr Vrana and Stephen Gionta scored for the Devils, and netminder Frank Doyle stopped 35 of 38 shots in the losing effort.

Lowell is now winless in its last five outings (0-4-1-0).

Grand Rapids scored three first-period goals and finally secured its first home win of the season, taking a 4-1 decision over Iowa at the Van Andel Arena.

The Griffins, who were a franchise-worst 0-7-0-1 at home to start the year, received first-period markers from Mark Cullen, Mattias Ritola, and Mark Hartigan.

Cullen added an assist for Grand Rapids, and Carl Corazzini capped the scoring in the third period.

Jimmy Howard stopped 30 of 31 shots in net for the Griffins, who also snapped a franchise-record 10-game winless skid (0-8-0-2) with the victory.

Iowa’s lone goal was scored by Vojtech Polak in the second period. The Stars fell to 1-3-1-0 in their last five games.

Six different Phantoms lit the lamp as Philadelphia avenged a 2-1 home loss to Hershey a night earlier with a 6-0 trouncing of the Bears at the Giant Center on Saturday.

The victory snapped Philadelphia’s brief two-game losing streak and allowed them to join Chicago as the AHL’s first teams to reach surpass the 30-point mark. The Phantoms have 31 on the season (15-4-1-0).

Each of Philadelphia’s top four scorers notched goals – Jonathan Matsumoto, Jared Ross, Kyle Greentree, and Alexandre Picard.

Boyd Kane and Darren Reid rounded out the Phantoms’ offensive attack, and goaltender Brian Boucher pitched the shutout with 28 saves. He withstood a third period that saw the Bears hold a 12-2 advantage in shots.

Hershey’s five-game winning streak came to an end in the loss.

Portland tied the game with 21 seconds left in regulation and won it 16 seconds into overtime, taking a dramatic home ice victory from Manchester by a 5-4 final at the Cumberland County Civic Center.

Center Jason King capped off a three-point night (1-2-3) with his ninth goal of the season at 19:39 of the third period, knotting the score at 4-4.

Stephen Dixon netted the game-winner for the Pirates just 37 seconds worth of hockey later. It was his second tally of the evening and allowed Portland to avoid losing consecutive games for the first time since a three-game skid from Oct. 12-14.

Defenseman Brian Salcido led all Pirates scorers on the night with four points (1-3-4), and goaltender Gerald Coleman picked up the win with 22 saves.

The Monarchs were paced by Peter Harrold, another defenseman, who notched a pair of goals and added an assist.

Brian Boyle and Jeff Giuliano also scored for the visitors, who are 1-5-1-0 in their last seven games, all against divisional foes.

Chris Minard’s goal at 2:24 of overtime vaulted Wilkes-Barre/Scranton past Binghamton, 4-3, at the Broome County Arena.

Minard now has a goal in two straight games (2-1-3) after going 14 straight without one following his opening-night hat trick on Oct. 3.

His overtime goal made a winner out of rookie goaltender John Curry, who made 30 saves to pick up his first career AHL win (1-1-0).

The Penguins were led in regulation by Connor James, who netted a pair of goals. Jeff Taffe also scored, and center Tim Brent picked up assists on all four tallies.

Josh Hennessy, Danny Bois, and Denis Hamel all scored for the Senators, with Hamel’s team-leading 11th of the season (11-6-17) coming late in the third period to send the game to overtime.

Providence 3-for-4 in shootout attempts to take a 5-4 win over host Worcester in a back-and-forth game at the DCU Center.

Pascal Pelletier scored twice in regulation for the Bruins. Jeff Hoggan notched a goal and a helper, and Chris Collins provided the other Providence tally.

Hoggan now has a goal in three straight games (3-1-3) and four of his last five (4-1-5).

Worcester had three separate one-goal leads in the game – 1-0, 2-1, and 3-2 – on the back of goals from Josh Prudden, Mike Iggulden, and Graham Mink.

The P-Bruins tied the score each time and finally took their first lead, 4-3, on Pelletier’s second of the game at 5:11 of the third period.

Sharks winger Dennis Packard sent the game to overtime with his third of the season at 10:19.

The Bruins scored on their first three shootout attempts, and goaltender Mike Brown (5-0-0) stopped three of four Worcester tries to secure the extra standings point.

San Antonio netted three goals in both the first and third periods and cruised to a 7-0 rout of Milwaukee at the AT&T Center.

Joel Perrault (2-1-3) and Josh Gratton (2-0-2) each tallied a pair of goals for the Rampage, and Joey Tenute added a goal and an assist.

Defenseman Travis Roche contributed three assists, while Chris Durno added two.

The Rampage went 3-for-4 on the power play. Both of Perrault’s goals came on the man-advantage, as did Alex Leavitt’s first AHL goal of the season.

Goaltender Alex Auld, just reassigned from the parent Phoenix Coyotes on Tuesday, made 27 saves in his first AHL game of the campaign.
It marked the first game of a 10-game homestand for San Antonio, the only AHL club to have had Friday night off. The Rampage and Admirals will square off again on Tuesday.

Chris Stewart netted the game-winner at 2:45 of overtime and added an assist to lead Lake Erie past Manitoba, 5-4, at the Quicken Loans Arena.

Stewart now has a point in four of his last five games (5-3-8).

David Jones also had a goal and an assist for the Monsters, and goaltender Jason Bacashihua (4-6-0) stopped 42 of 46 shots in the victory.

The Moose were led by Greg Classen’s three points (2-1-3) in the losing effort.

Peoria scored a pair of second-period goals and goaltender Chris Beckford-Tseu stopped 28 of 29 shots in a 2-1 victory over host Quad City at the I Wireless Center.

Julian Talbot and Chris Porter scored the goals for Peoria, which has won consecutive games for the first time since Oct. 13-19.

Talbot has four goals and five points in the two victories.

Matt Pelech scored Quad City’s lone goal, it coming with just one second remaining in the second period. The Flames’ season-high four-game winning streak came to an end.

Chicago scored eight unanswered goals after giving up the game’s first two on its way to an 8-3 pounding of Rockford at the Allstate Arena.

Rockford took a 2-0 lead on first-period goals by Cam Barker and Martin St. Pierre, who finished with three points (1-2-3). Barker also scored the IceHogs’ final goal in the third period.

Steve Martins (2-1-3) and Brian Fahey (2-0-2) each scored twice for the Wolves, who totaled four goals in a 5:21 span during the second period.

Nathan Oystrick netted a goal and two assists, and goaltender Fred Brathwaite secured his league-leading 10th win of the season (10-1-0) with 20 saves.

The Wolves improved to 7-1-0-0 at home this season and 15-2-1-0 overall.