Sound Tigers blank Norfolk, win second straight

Link to Sunday’s boxscores

Jeff Tambellini scored one of Bridgeport’s two third-period goals, and goaltender Mike Morrison stopped all 22 shots sent his way as the Sound Tigers blanked Norfolk by a 3-0 final at the Arena at Harbor Yard on Sunday. It marked Bridgeport’s second consecutive win after a four-game slide and evened the club’s season record at 5-5-0-0.

The Sound Tigers got out to a 1-0 advantage at 18:04 of the opening period on a goal by Ryan Kinasewich, who was playing in his first AHL game of the season.

Steve Regier, who had three points (2-1-3) a night earlier, picked up the lone assist on the goal.

After a scoreless second period, Bridgeport’s Pascal Morency made it 2-0 at 7:05 of the third, an unassisted goal and also his first of the campaign.

Tambellini capped the game’s scoring with his fourth of the year at 17:50. The former first-round draft pick now has five points (2-3-5) in his last two games.

It marked the season’s first shutout in net for Morrison, who improved his overall record to 3-1-0.

Jonathan Matsumoto tied the game with just 1:09 remaining in regulation, and Denis Tolpeko notched his second of the night 59 seconds into overtime, lifting the surging Phantoms to a 5-4 win over Lowell at Tsongas Arena.

Philadelphia, 5-0-1-0 in its last six outings and 10-1-1-0 overall, also received goals from Kyle Greentree and Alexandre Picard.

The Devils scored first and took a 3-2 lead into the second intermission on the strength of goals from Petr Vrana, Nicklas Bergfors, and Barry Tallackson.

Scott Munroe, who combined with Brian Boucher for a shutout on Saturday in Worcester, picked up the win in this game, finishing with 23 saves on 27 shots.

Manchester went 2-for-3 on the power play, and Brian Boyle’s goal at 14:06 of the third period gave the Monarchs a 3-2 home victory over Hartford.

Teddy Purcell scored for Manchester in the first period and assisted on Boyle’s game-winner to give himself a two-point night. Gabe Gauthier also reached multiple points with assists on both goals.

Goaltender Erik Ersberg picked up the win with 34 saves on 35 shots.

The Wolf Pack’s lone goal was scored by Greg Moore, with assists going to Alex Bourret and Jake Taylor.

Aaron Voros scored in the fifth round of the shootout to give Houston a 2-1 win over Lake Erie at the Toyota Center.

Shawn Belle also scored in the shootout for the Aeros, and Petr Kalus scored the team’s lone regulation goal in the second period.

Houston goaltender Nolan Schaefer stopped four of five Lake Erie shootout attempts and 25 of 26 shots through the game’s first 65 minutes.

David Jones scored the Monsters’ goal in regulation, it coming on the power play and also in the middle stanza.

Joel Perrault scored 48 seconds into overtime to give San Antonio a 4-3 victory over Quad City at the I Wireless Center.

The Rampage won both games of their weekend set against the Flames and have now won four straight contests overall.

San Antonio got out to a 2-0 advantage in the first period on goals by Bill Thomas and Chris Durno.

Logan Stephenson scored the Rampage’s other regulation goal, it coming 3:09 into the second period.

The Flames were led by Carsen Germyn, who scored a pair of goals, both of which brought Quad City within a goal of tying the contest.

They did finally get the equalizer on the power play at 16:01 off the stick of Grant Stevenson. That tally sent the game to overtime, but Perrault was quick to end it in San Antonio’s favor.

Rampage goaltender Josh Tordjman made 29 saves on 32 shots, improving his record to a perfect 6-0-0.