SPRINGFIELD, Mass. … American Hockey League President and CEO David Andrews announced today that all 29 AHL teams will use Reebok’s new Rbk EDGE Uniform System™ beginning with the 2007-08 season.
This league-wide uniform innovation was established by Reebok with the National Hockey League earlier this year with performance and safety at the forefront of the design process. After more than two years of research and testing, the Rbk EDGE Uniform System will debut this fall in only two leagues worldwide: the NHL and the American Hockey League.
Featuring technologically advanced materials and fabrics that are more breathable and more resistant to water absorption and that offer greater range of movement, the Rbk EDGE Uniform System provides comfort and improved compatibility with equipment while helping to enhance player performance. Highlights include:
- Four lighter fabrics incorporated in the jersey, pants and socks to keep players drier while also adding increased durability to the uniform
- The jerseys’ stretch fabric in the collar features Rbk’s innovative Playdry™ moisture management technology to maximize comfort, breathability and temperature control
- The stretch mesh in areas including the underarms and back provides additional range of motion and increased ventilation
- 4Way Stretch Pique features Rbk’s latest innovation, Bead Away™ water repellent technology, offering freedom of movement while retaining 76 percent less moisture than current AHL jerseys
- X-trafil is incorporated into high-abrasion areas such as the shoulders and elbows to provide increased durability
All 29 AHL teams will be unveiling their new home and away jersey designs in time for the start of the 2007-08 regular season on Oct. 3. The American Hockey League will also be unveiling designs for the 2008 AHL All-Star Classic later this fall.
Photo galleries featuring the new jersey designs will be available on theahl.com as they are unveiled.