Lundmark’s big night leads Flames over Rivermen, 5-3

Friday’s Boxscores

Quad City scored five times in the first two periods and cruised to a 5-3 win over visiting Peoria on Friday at the I Wireless Center. The Flames moved to 3-1-0-0 in its last four contests and ended Peoria’s three-game winning streak.

Jamie Lundmark led the way for the Flames with a goal and three assists, and Kyle Greentree added a goal and a helper in the victory.

The game was tied 2-2 after one period, as Peoria received goals from Nikolay Lemtyugov and Chris Conner, and the Flames from Cam Cunning and Greentree.

Quad City scored three unanswered markers in the middle stanza to take a 5-1 advantage. Brad Brown and Brad Cole each scored his first goal of the season, with a tally by Lundmark wedged in between.

Peoria’s Charles Linglet found the back of the net for the first time this season in the third period, but the Rivermen would get no closer.

Flames goaltender Leland Irving earned his second consecutive victory with 21 saves on 24 shots.

Darren Helm and Jakub Kindl each posted a power play goal and an assist as Grand Rapids rallied past visiting Hartford by a 3-2 final before 7,179 fans at Van Andel Arena. It marked the first-ever meeting between the two teams.

Hartford took leads of 1-0 and 2-1 on goals by Pierre-Alexandre Parenteau and Greg Moore, with a Griffins goal from Tom Galvin wedged in between,

Helm tied it for Grand Rapids at 6:31 of the second period, and Kindl tallied the game-winner exactly 12 minutes into the third.

Griffins goaltender Jimmy Howard earned the victory with 20 saves on 22 shots.

Rookie Nathan Gerbe tallied two goals and added an assist as Portland doubled up Albany by a 6-3 count in Lewiston, Maine.

Marek Zagrapan and Mark Mancari each posted a goal and a helper for the Pirates, who also received single goals from Mathieu Darche and Derek Whitmore in the winning effort.

Pirates goaltender Jhonas Enroth earned the win with 27 saves, helping Portland to its sixth consecutive victory.

Dan LaCouture, Nicolas Blanchard, and Jerome Samson netted goals for the River Rats, who fell to 2-8-2-1 on the campaign.

Binghamton scored twice in the third period to take a 4-2 win over visiting Wilkes-Barre/Scranton at the Broome County Arena.

Cody Bass broke a 2-2 deadlock on the power play 8:36 into the stanza, and Danny Bois’ first goal of the campaign provided insurance just 23 seconds later.

Chaz Johnson and Brendan Bell also scored for the Senators, and goaltender Brian Elliott made 28 saves in the winning effort. Binghamton moved to 4-1-0-0 in its last five games.

Janne Pesonen and Connor James netted goals for the Penguins in the losing effort.

Providence tied an AHL season high with eight goals in an 8-3 win over visiting Worcester before 7,340 fans at the Dunkin’ Donuts Center.

Mikko Lehtonen and defenseman Matt Marquardt tallied a pair of goals apiece for the Bruins. Matt Lashoff had a game-high four points (1-3-4), and Providence also received markers from Johnny Boychuk, Vladimir Sobotka, and Martins Karsums in the victory.

Martin St. Pierre (0-3-3) and Jordan Knackstedt (0-2-2) each chipped in multiple assists, and goaltender Tuukka Rask earned the win with 32 saves.

Steven Zalewski, Cory Larose, and Riley Armstrong scored for the Sharks, who dropped their third straight contest.

Chris Bourque tallied the game-winning goal on the power play 10:42 into the second period and added an assist as Hershey took a 3-2 road win over Philadelphia at the Wachovia Spectrum.

Francois Bouchard and Graham Mink also scored goals for the Bears, who concluded a five-game road stretch at 2-2-0-1.

Hershey goaltender Simeon Varlamov earned the victory with 22 saves on 24 shots.

Ex-Bear Boyd Kane and Jonathon Kalinski netted goals for the Phantoms, with Kalinski’s marker coming shorthanded.

Houston jumped to a 3-0 lead after two periods and held on for a 3-1 road win over Lake Erie before 7,061 fans at Quicken Loans Arena.

Ryan Hamilton scored in the first period for the Aeros, while Maxim Noreau and Marco Rosa each added power play markers in the middle stanza.

Tom Fritsche put the Monsters on the board 3:13 into the third period, but Lake Erie would get no closer.

Houston goaltender Barry Brust earned the victory with 29 saves on 30 shots in net. The Aeros wrapped up their five-game road trip at 2-3-0-0.

Manchester rallied for a pair of third-period goals and eventually prevailed in a shootout by a 5-4 count over visiting Norfolk at the Verizon Wireless Arena.

Trailing 4-2 entering the final minutes, the Monarchs received a goal from Trevor Lewis at 3:24 and the equalizer from Teddy Purcell at the 16:29 mark.

Purcell and Vladimir Dravecky netted shootout markers for Manchester, and goaltender Jonathan Bernier stopped all four of Norfolk’s attempts after making 17 saves through the first 65 minutes.

Matt Moulson, Gabe Gauthier, and Purcell each posted a goal and an assist for the Monarchs, who snapped a five-game winless skid (0-2-0-3).

Radek Smolenak posted a game-high three points (2-1-3) for the Admirals, who also received goals from Juraj Simek and Paul Szczechura.

Carl Corazzini netted Springfield’s lone regulation goal and the winning shootout marker as the Falcons took a 2-1 win over Syracuse at the MassMutual Center, snapping the Crunch’s three-game winning streak.

Corazzini gave the Falcons a 1-0 lead with his first goal of the season at 19:02 of the opening period, with Gilbert Brule and Theo Peckham picking up the assists.

After a scoreless second stanza, Syracuse’s Ashton Rome tallied the equalizer at 8:21 of the third. Derek Dorsett and Clay Wilson assisted on Rome’s second goal of the campaign.

Viacheslav Trukhno also scored in the shootout for the Falcons, and goaltender Devan Dubnyk stopped four of five Crunch attempts after making 42 saves through regulation and overtime, his second consecutive 40-plus save effort.

Springfield moved to 4-0-1-1 in its last six games overall.

Brett Sterling scored the only shootout goal for either side to give Chicago a 3-2 road victory over Rochester at the Blue Cross Arena.

Junior Lessard and Grant Stevenson scored in regulation for the Wolves, each time giving Chicago a one-goal lead.

But the Americans fought back both times, receiving regulation markers from Michal Repik and Stefan Meyer. Janis Sprukts chipped in two assists for the Amerks.

Sterling’s winning shootout marker came in the first round. Wolves goaltender Dan Turple stopped 32 shots through the first 65 minutes and then denied all five of Rochester’s shootout tries.

Chicago extended its winning streak to five games and moved to 10-2-1-1 overall on the campaign.

Alexandre Bolduc’s first goal of the season came unassisted at 8:20 of the third period, breaking a 1-1 tie and sending Manitoba to a 2-1 win over visiting Toronto before 7,422 fans at the MTS Centre.

James Neal initially put the Moose on top 1-0 with a shorthanded goal at 19:15 of the first period, but the Marlies’ Mark Bell tied it on the power play at 11:50 of the second.

Moose goaltender Cory Schneider earned the victory with 31 saves on 32 shots, improving his season record to 8-1-0. Manitoba is now 11-1-0-0 in its last 12 games overall.

The teams will square off for a rematch in Winnipeg on Saturday night.